How many here practice with your Hunting Loads?
The thread about the hunting shows made me think again of the expense.
I do practice some with my Hunting Loads. My ammo cost me about $2.00 a pop. But if I am going to do this , then I feel that I need to be able to know and shoot game at different distances and in different positions. Standing freehand is the biggest challenge but once this is mastered OR,,, at the least, IMPROVED Upon,, then other position become easier.
It doesn't matter if I am using my own loads or if I have purchased my ammo. It is costly nowadays. with prices and hazmat fees and or just buying at different places when I get a chance it can still run on up there. I buy premium bullets !!! on some loads I use match primers if needed and try to use new cases. My time is very valuable too.
If I sight my gun in at a certain distance and am using my Hunting load then I feel I need to know what is happening at other distances. Example my 44 mag with my favorite load is good for point blank to 75 yds.
Now with another load I have shot at 200 yds with the same gun. All ammo should be tested.
I have tested some of the bullets into water jugs.
I do know what I can do with my hunting loads, and it takes a lot of money too do this, but I feel that things are paying off.
This diligence is worth the price when I get the opportunity at game and then I am successful.
Charles