I have almost worn out a good set of snap caps. This helps tremendously with Trigger control, and holding a gun in the Freehand position. Getting used to the weight and feel and trying to be consistent in your grip is important, and the cheapest way to go.
ZEE & SIXSHOT,,,,Layne Simpson did the same with his wife Phyllis, when she decided to go from a 243 to the 270. Started with light loads and worked up then used a full load to harvest an animal with no noticeable recoil.
I did a little similar with my 454, by using my 45 cylinder at first and increasing the loads till I got the Bear loads, of 350gr lead. It helped some, but was not what I was looking for.
I had to succumb to buying 454 ammo, the cheapest I could find and then continue working till now,,, The 454 does not bother me at all shooting it. NO flinching. I now enjoy shooting it a LOT.
KRAL,,, Yes I hate to see the money disappear with my Premium ammo. About like spending money on Fireworks,,, with the exception it brought a lot of joy to my children.
I do have to look at this with the eyes of joy in that I now have killed a few hogs, an Aoudad, and a Corsican EWE. I look forward to successfully taking several to many more animals with it.
I want to publicly Thank ALL of those involved in this. You know who you are, if you read this.

Charles