There is definitely a market for handgun scopes, just a small one. I think a lot more red dots go on AR's than handguns anyway....well, hunting handguns that is....I see a lot of red dots on AR's, self defense pistols, and "turkey" shotguns...almost all the guys and gals on Handgun Hunting and Addicts are running scopes on their revolvers, but I think most of us are from the south and doing a lot of deer hunting with our handguns.....you don't really see a lot of red dots on XP's, Contenders, and Encores...and I can't imagine why anyone would really want to unless it had magnification...you want an optic as capable as the round your gun is chambered for....several things have hurt the handgun scope and handgun hunting market....the Black Gun craze for one, both rifle and pistol, and the large amount of misinformation about handgun hunting that has been put out in the last 10 years.....1 - you need a big bore hardcast .475 or .510 to reach the vitals of game animals, 1,200 fps is a magic number for pistol bullet velocities, and the 10mm is a dangerous game gun. We are SUPER small faction of the hunting world, we have to be honest about exactly what we do and what it takes to get it done.

The Eyes are Useless, When The Mind Is Blind