My project of converting my 14" Armor Alloy .35 Remington barrel to 358 JDJ is actually coming together. I have my quote from SSK and am readying everything to send off. This project started in about 2002 with the purchase of the barrel and has waited for available funds/time/energy/etc.

I've been reading everything I can about the cartridge since 2002 and have seen enough load info to make my head spin, much of it dated, as this cartridge doesn't seem to be very popular among handgun hunters (which is a small group anyway). I wanted to ask around to see what the preferred load is/was for the 358 users here. My quarry will be Whitetail, Axis deer, hogs, and whatever strange exotic may wander up to my feeder. I had planned on using the Remington 200 gr. RN (outstanding bullet!), but it is unavailable. I want a fast energy dump and don't anticipate a shot over 150 yards, so don't believe the spitzers will be ideal. I'm thinking the Speer 180/220 gr. FP may be the next best. Any info is greatly appreciated!

John

But for the grace of God, there, I go.