Howdy from Winchester, Wyoming. I should?ve joined this forum years ago, but, have been away from Handgun Hunting for almost 30 years. Trying to get back into handgun hunting, hoping to get a deer or elk, or both, this year with my S&W 460 XVR (400 grain hard cast bullets).

I started hunting at around age 5 ( following my Dad and relatives thru the woods of Central-Louisiana). First centerfire rifle (Win. Model 88 in .308), at age 14....started handloading soon after ( Lee Loader kit), first centerfire handgun at age 16 (S&W Model 28), started handloading immediately. Started casting my own bullets at around age 18.

Took an antelope and a bear in the late 1980?s with my S&W 629 (cast bullets)....but put my handgun away, and went 100% rifle in the late ?80?s!

Many years ago I did some long distance running, raced motorcycles, and a couple of years dirt track cars (till I went broke).

My wife and I hunt, fish (a little), RV, and work too hard around our place. Collectively, we have 13 grandkids and 4 great grandkids! memtb

Last edited by Memtb460; 08/18/2019 4:17 PM.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

~Molɔ̀ːn Lab? Sk?la~