Its just a little more about what you want. Advantages of fa 83 is its just tight. Not necessarily an advantage when its gets dirty for sure. The freedom arms front sight is an advantage as well to a degree. I have 5 freedom arms, 4 bfrs, and 7 super redhawks. They each have their advantages and each company has its less than guns and they run according to price. I listed the freedom arms advantages. Versus a bfr precision shop the bfr advantages are a possibly better trigger, larger cylinder which allows use of longer bullets and bullets that are almost at the edge of the fa cylinder still have a ways to go in the bfr before they back out and tie up the cylinder. The bfr has a free spinning pawl which allows counter rotation of the cylinder so u can back up and unload a pulled bullet that would necessitate taking the cylinder out of the freedom arms to clear. The bfr has a transfer bar safety which allows the gun to be carried safely with all chambers loaded. The bfr is heavier and stronger but not so much that you cant use the fa holsters for the bfr. I use fa holsters for all my small cylinder bfr?s. The bfr is definitely a stronger gun. For the price of a precision center gun you can send it to jack huntington and have a front sight base placed that will accept fa sight blades and the action tuned to a level the fa guns wont ever be coming from freedom arms and still be 1000 bucks under the fa price. Also, the bfr bisley grip hamdles recoil better than the fa grip and produces much less knuckle rapping than the fa though both are good, the bfr is excellent. The bfr has been improved on a regular basis so dont take reviews of one from 15 years ago as gospel now. Much has been improved even in the last 2 years. Its your money but have a bunch of all of em and if i were doing it over again now id have a bunch of bfrs and srh guns.