I don't see it as doom and gloom. In my country I believe there has been a turn around. For the decades following the seventies the shooting sports suffered a decline both in participant numbers and in public perception. A decade I looked around at major national competition and realised that aged in my 50's I was one of the youngest present. However the wheel moves on and society changes. Everytime I visit ranges now I'm impressed by the number of younger members attending, both individuals and families. Also the number of Game Licences are now at an all time high as are the number of hunters booking overseas hunting trips.

We need to be able to distinguish between reality and noise. The anti-everything mob is extremely vocal as is the attempt to portray veganism as main stream. These people are well integrated into media and Government advisory positions which gives them the impression of substance. But its only an impression.

In the real world people are people and they are rediscovering that hunting is part of human nature.