In general, I prefer customs because I can get whatever I want. I get to choose the material, configuration, barrel length and profile, grip frame and grips, sights, finishes, everything. The possibilities are endless. Options are limited with the FA and BFR and the only material available is stainless steel. I'm pretty much over stainless. The drawback is that the heavy duty five-shot conversions cost more than either of your other two options and there is usually a long wait involved.

That said, both the FA and BFR are very well made guns. The BFR's are certainly better made than Rugers and they are a fantastic value. The FA's are better made than that but it comes at a price. Both are brutally strong. However, there are things I don't like about the BFR and I don't see any overcoming that. To me, the FA is a much better looking and more comfortable to shoot sixgun. Great deals can be found on used guns, especially the Field Grade. All of which is why I have one in .454/.45Colt and no BFR's.

With all that in mind, the .454 throws in a caveat or two. I really don't think a Ruger single action frame should be run at 65,000psi. So if that is the goal, BFR or FA are a better choice. Most factory loads and much handloading data is in the 50,000psi range and that should be fine for the Ruger if you're not shooting an excessive amount of full pressure loads. Personally, I'd keep the Ruger Bisley .454 with five-shot .45Colt loads and consider it settled.

One suggestion I would make is the Super Redhawk. They're not the prettiest girl to invite to the prom but their beauty lies in their utility. I prefer the optic mounted over the frame, rather than the barrel and the SRH allows you to keep your iron sights in place. For a pure hunting sixgun, I see none better.