Infighting, divisiveness, elitism. All within our own ranks and can cause some but not all of our loss of retention of hunters. Sometimes people just ?get old? and lose interest or ability. Land use opportunities change. Grandkids show up. Priorities happen. These we largely can?t affect. But about those we can....

What about the adage; trophy hunting killed deer hunting? Remember Milo Hanson? Milo took that great #1 all time Canadian whitetail and my world changed. The ln the videos Legends of the Muy Grande hit showcasing 110# deer with 160+ inch racks. All of the sudden these south Arkansas 12? basket racks aren?t exciting any more. Have we been turned off of legitimately mature deer because the don?t ?measure? well? I think so I?m way more cases than we imagine. I was for a long time. Bass tournaments separated family fishing trips by the hundreds from the 70s to date. Dad goes for the paycheck and fame while Jr stays home and finds other things to occupy his time.

Several of you have shown your efforts to recruit by selfless acts and that?s got to be the top action item for recruitment. I can do better at this. I have to do better.

WHAT CAN WE AS INDiVIDUALS DO TO IMPROVE THAT WHICH IS IN OUR CONTROL????

My filter is broken.