Got a surprise visit from Kim Ralston & his lovely wife Friday since they were doing a western vacation for the first time. He called me from Driggs, Idaho which is just over the Teton mountain range from Jackson Hole, Wyoming.

Kim said they were in the mood for a Huckleberry milk shake & a visit & I said we could take care of both & to go ahead & make the 2 hour drive down.

After getting acquainted for a while we loaded up & headed to the local Arctic Circle which is world famous (almost) for their Huckleberry milk shakes & Karen, an old friend sadly tells me they are OUT of Huckleberries, yikes!

Kim, being a gentleman didn't go for his gun, don't know who he would have shot, me or Karen. Anyway, we had lunch & drove in & around town for a while & then I took them to my favorite long range shooting spot in the river canyon. Many of you who have visited have been there.

I handed Kim my OM 44 flat top with some 246 gr Keith HP's & he started pounding some river rocks out around the 200 yd mark offhand & doing very well, almost every shot was minute of mule deer with a gun he had never fired, he knows his way around a six gun. The last photo is Kim & I at a place called Hooper Springs were the wagon trains coming across the Oregon Trail would stop & get the bubbly, kind of carbonated water & rest their livestock for a few days. Soda Springs was called the Oasis of the west.

Dick