I'll keep this one short and sweet:

Managed to test my handloads for my new 327 Federal Magnum Encore pistol. The load consisted of the following components: Starline brass, CCI 550 Small Pistol Magnum primers, 100 grain XTPs, and H110 powder in 12.8, 12.9, 13.0, 13.1, and 13.2 grain increments. I accidentally bulged two of the cases by improperly setting up my dies on two of the 12.8 grain loads, so that's why there's only three holes for group 1.

Unfortunately, I forgot to save the numbers I recorded with the calipers and chronograph, but I do remember that discounting the fliers, groups 3 and 4 produced sub-1" groups and had an average velocity of 1,782 and 1,794 fps. I'll post some exact numbers once I can take a look at my notebook. They're a bit slower than I anticipated. Maybe H110 is a bit too slow burning for such a small cartridge, even in the Encore. Still, I'm completely satisfied with the accuracy of these loads. Now to see how well this cartridge performs on game.

Last edited by Chance Weldon; 10/21/2019 2:39 PM. Reason: wrong primers

Formerly TN Lone Wolf

"We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided." - J.K. Rowling