That 9.5" barrel is going to get you some additional velocity over the more common 7.5" variant however the bullet drop on a 44 mag starts to look a lot like a rainbow out beyond 120. I know that wasn't your question however if you are new to handgun hunting that is something to consider.

I agree with karl 100% out to about 100 yards a red dot sight works great. 100+ in less than full daylight and things start to get a bit dicey.

If you are considering your likely shots to be 75+ yards then I would opt for a 2x or 4x scope. Less than 75 then you are solidly in red dot territory.

Lastly, taking a 100 yard shot under field conditions is not an easy task. You are going to need a solid rest for sure. Look into something like a set of shooting sticks or tripod to help sure things up for longer shots. This is especially true if you have the additional weight of a scope on top of the gun. It also has the benefit of allowing you to adjust your shooting position a bit to optimize your position with the eye relief of the scope without compromising stability.