I have successfully loaded, chambered, and fired 358 JDJ rounds in my barrel! RP brass works perfectly and I shot some work-up loads yesterday. I worked up to one of the non-maximum loads SSK sent me using the Speer 220 FP and AA2520. It should give me somewhere between 2200-2300 FPS, but I have no chronograph, so I'm just going by SSK's numbers.

From the starting load to the load I wanted, I saw zero change in the primer and every round unlocked easily and dropped right out of the chamber. All of the rounds, which was 3 to 4 of each powder charge, shot into an inch or less at 25 yards with me using a pretty poor rest and a sloppy 2.5" circle I drew with a marker as a target. I am going to get to work loading more rounds and dialing them in now!

A word on recoil. This round has it in spades! The brake keeps the muzzle down and drives the gun back. It isn't intolerable by any means for anyone not recoil sensitive, but it gets your attention. I realized that I cannot use my support hand to wrap around my strong hand in usual fashion. The darned trigger guard drives right into my left index finger with gusto. That happens to be a really bad arthritic finger
I'm going to dig out my shooting gloves for range work, but while hunting I won't even notice it. I have wrist problems and I am glad to see the lack of muzzle rise kept me from feeling any discomfort in them. A buddy's 500 S&W revolver (6" maybe) caused me enough discomfort to tell me not to get one of those!

The noise didn't seem bad to me at all while using plugs and muffs, certainly not as bad as an 11 inch .223. I have very high hopes for this barrel and have no regrets with the project. Thanks!

John

But for the grace of God, there, I go.