I have been a member of our local Sportsman's Club for almost 40 years. Between Mark Hampton and myself we have enlightened more than a few rifle shooters on what a handgun can do while shooting at the range.
I have been working with my brothers 15.875" MGM 30-30 AI Contender Barrel. It is set up with a 4 Gill muzzle brake. Recoil is not an issue at all.
Another good option would be a 357 Maximum, again with a muzzle brake. I have a Contender barrel and a CVA Scout in that chambering. Both have 3 Gill muzzle brakes.
The CVA Scout in 6.5 CM should be threaded from the factory. Check on a muzzle brake with the correct thread for it. You would need a gunsmith to time a Gilled Brake. A good radial should be pretty much screw on. I would research radial brake's before going that route, and make sure one will really cut the recoil. The grips on a scout are not a strong point, so a good brake is a must to enjoy shooting it.
I have had only two radial brakes. One works very well (260 Rem Encore). My first on a 375 JDJ Contender barrel I was not impressed with. Between my brother and I we have Eight Gilled Muzzle Brakes on Contender, Encore, and Scout handgun barrels. All work very well.

Bob R

See You At The Range