A deer hunt invitation from Craig (cfish) had me drive to his North Carolina home outside of the coastal town of New Bern. Since he said the shots could be from 10 to 240+ yards I brought my FA`s 41 and Contender in 6.5JDJ. The TC handload had a 120gr Sierra spitzer over 34.0grs of Rel 15 and WLR primer. This is the first time shooting this gun in a number of years and had it set to shoot about one inch high @100. Long story short, a large doe appeared at 243 yards and holding just about even with the back I fired and missed. I believe I shot over and was happy I did not wound the animal. I need a ton more range time with this caliber as its a more then adequate cartridge with all the game its taken over the years. Since it was late in the season and all of Craigs food plots eaten bare I had no other shot even though game cameras showed some terrific buck... Things did not end with my bad shooting and that Saturday had David (Franchise) and his wife Jennifer along with Matt (cmnash) and his wife Heather stop over for short shooting session followed with a ride into New Bern for a fantastic Italian dinner. Things continued back at the ranch with a bull session around the fire with a nightcap. All in all I had a most wonderful time with Craig as my host.... Photos: Top to bottom: 1) My 6.5JDJ with Burris 3-9X scope-2) photo from tower blind and if you follow the grass to the opening at the far tree line, this is where I missed the doe-3) dinner in New Bern left to right: me- Craig and his wife- David and his wife- Matt and his wife against wall and Craigs daughter and husband-4) if you enlarge the photo you`ll see one of the turkey I wanted to blow up after I missed

Life member-NRA-SCI
Member-HHI #2900-HHASA #067
Colt-Ruger-Freedom Arms-and S&W Collector Assoc.s
"I have more guns then I need but not as many as I want" "Handgun hunters HAVE to be good"