I haven't been shooting Revolvers with scopes a long time but I started with my Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter in 45LC. I put a Burris 2x7 on it and after about a year, I couldn't remember using more than 4x on it, even shooting targets. I found a like new Leupold 2x on a Ruger MKII and bought it. I put it on the Ruger and have been using it for at least 8 years and never felt I needed more where I hunt in OK. I just purchased a Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter in 44 Mag from Mark Hampton recently and put a Leupold 4x on it because I had it. I'm carrying it right now for our Holiday Antlerless season. It is almost too much from my pop up blind in a couple of places I hunt in the timber but I like it because it is so clear. I have one Simmons older Gold Medal I purchased to put on my Encore 460 but talked myself into a Red Dot. I will soon get another barrel or revolver for the Gold Medal scope. Thats how I justify getting barrels. Get scope and then need barrel for it.
I have 6 Burris 3x12's and 2 2x7 scopes and have never had one issue with them. And the new ones are so clear it is amazing. Burris even made some good 4x scopes but I think they only make 2x , 2x7 and 3x12 now. I have looked through the 2x and they are very clear and next Spring, I'm getting one of them for my Ruger MKII , Competition 22 for hunting tree rats and plinking. You can't beat the warranty on the Burris scopes.
Lifetime. I bought a 257JDJ with one of the oldest 3x12, regular reticles I had ever seen. It was a little foggy and the cross hairs seemed to move. I called them, they sent me a return authorization ticket and I mailed it to them for rebuild and I sent the $60 for a ballistic Plex reticle they will install. A month later I got a new, Burris, 3x12 Ballistic Plex , matte blue scope in the mail with a note the other was not cost effective to repair so here you are, a new scope, good shooting.
Good luck with your
Mike

You don't quit playing because you get old, You get old because you quit playing.