Over the years there's not much I haven't tried for rests.
1) Bipods attached to the forend of SPs. Made by several companies. All the same problem- a whip of the barrel when shooting off hard surfaces, exactly where do you put the butt of a revolver?, short ones for prone, long ones for standing-very unstable.
2) For 40+ years it's been a backpack filled with firm pillows. Use it on the ground, hooked to a fence post. wedged between fence post and top wire, or hooked to a tree with a bow hanger.
3) Stoney Point tripods with a short arm attachment. Put the forend of a SP or barrel of a revolver on the front rest. Place the short arm at the mid point of your forearm. Pretty good out to 250, but legs are a touch wobbly. Regular tripods don't give you a good place to put your butt hand.
4) Bog Pod with PSR. This was a game changer. I use it for semi autos, revolvers, SPs. Yes, they're not made, but if we gripe enough Battenfield make get it. I'm not ashamed to say I have 3 PSRs and 3 Bog Pods. The PSR is a little fragile, but a friend has found a way to make it "new" again and more sturdy. I've done .22 shots to 80 yds., revolvers to 140, and SPs out to 581. A bonus to the BP is that it can be used as a walking stick. I do this all the time at home, US hunts, and Africa. I keep the PSR attached and have no problems with it. My arthritis knee has no complaints.
As great as the BP is, I could live with only my back pack like I did for 40 years.