This Christmas I got my son the Bisley Flattop 44 Spl for a belt hunting gun. I'd heard good reviews on these particular Lipsey's Exclusive guns. I was wanting to get the stainless version, but couldn't find one anywhere, so I settled on the blued version.

When I opened the box, I immediately noticed the craftsmanship on this revolver.

The blued finish is not that of the old models, but the grip to frame fit is the best I've seen save for Freedom Arms or a custom - It is almost seamless...

The only complaints are the usual horrible grip panel fit that's become standard for today's rugers....

...and the front sight being just a little too short, which is why I was looking for a stainless version with the pin in front sight.

He wanted to shot cast bullets in it and we discussed the standard Skeeter load being the idea load. I first checked all the standard dimensions before loading and shooting. The barrel excepted a .415 pin gauge all the way through with no binding/thread choke...

...and each cylinder throat measured a uniform .431...

After doing an action job on it, we got started with load development.

So with new Starline brass, some 250 gr Keith bullets sized .430, WLP primers and 7.5 grains of Unique, we loaded a few and went to the target. He was wanting it zeroed dead on at 50 yards, but we were unable to attain that zero with the Skeeter load and too short front sight (4" high). After bumping up the load to 8.5 grains of Unique and rear sight bottomed out, we were able to get point of impact at 1" high at 50 yards. With this load combo, he was getting 2" groups at 50 yards from the bench (sorry, no photos of target, we were in a hurry to get it zeroed before dark so he could hunt with it the next morning).

All in all, I think if you're looking for a hip revolver for hunting, these Lipsey's exclusive Flattops are a bargain!

And he did christen it...

It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger squeeze.