Has anybody had the Leupold FX-2 4X scope fail? Mine has around 1200 rounds of full power .454 Casull loads on it and has failed three times.
It has custom M1 elevation turret and a CDS windage turret.
I like to dial in the fire solution and huck rounds way out there. When the scope isn't broke it does show good repeatability. However on a recent session, I dial up 27 moa and let the first one fly. My spotter calls the hit several feet high on the 300 yard plate. I thought WTF and let another go, same impact. I walk it down to 13 moa and start impacting the plate.
So now it's back to range with grid lines at 25 yards and yup sure enough the scope is moving 1/2 MOA per click not 1/4 MOA. It had always been moving at 1/4 MOA up until that point. I sent Leupold the pictures of the grid targets and the impacts given the number of clicks. Leupold won't let you talk to the techs who repair the scope and the customer service guy asked why I was shooting the handgun that far??? Um BECAUSE I WANT TO !!!
So I call Leupold again and send it back...again.
Does anybody make a scope with target (finger adjustable and zero resettable) turrets- that will handle large caliber handguns???
BTW the two failures were reticle related, as in canted about 20 degrees.

I do not take shots at game,coyotes maybe, at those distances but I enjoy practicing of the tripods at long range. It makes the 111 yard hog I recently shot (and dropped) seem like a give me.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/5Wmg5J...=w2880-h1400-no[/img]

Last edited by Holler; 02/12/2020 10:06 PM.