About 1998 killed my first deer with a handgun. SS Ruger Redhawk with 2x burris took a smallish 8 point at about 35 yrds from a tree stand. I also used a mk2 comp target model for a few squirrels, but forget which came first 🤦🏻‍♂️

Sadly i went back to rifle for a while, until early 2000s i finally gained enough confidence to stay full handgun. I was actually afraid of getting shots too long and missing an opportunity. There werent many deer around when i was young. I learned i could use a 14? contender out to a couple hundred yrds. I wish i could go back in time, id never use a rifle to start with.

Now......be glad you still have the interest to hunt. I dont for whatever weird reason. Life kids, grand kids, n family are more important to me. Id rather just reload n shoot my guns when i aint working 🤷🏻‍♂️

Have no doubt. I could still kill em if i wanted to.😈 went out a couple times this season. Crosshairs dead on a small 6..... i didnt pull the trigger. If it had been a monster, i might tell a different story. Enjoy it, life can change you.

Kentucky….no place like home.