My first 35 was a Whelen by Colorado Custom built on an old 98 Mauser. I picked it up back in the mid 1970's. I took more deer with it than any other single rifle of handgun I have owned. Next was a first year production 35 Remington 336 Marlin. Another very nice rifle I let a co-worker talk me out of.
Number Three would be my 35 Bullberry Contender barrel. A real favorite of mine for over 25 years. Next was a 357 Maximum Contender barrel. Next would be a 357 Maximum rechamber of a CVA Scout 357 magnum handgun. Last and probably the best is my 356 Winchester Encore handgun barrel.
All of the above handgun barrels have had either three or four gill brakes installed on them. I always have hearing protection with me when hunting with my handguns, so the added noise of a brake is not a problem.
The 35 is my favorite deer hunting handgun caliber.
My new favorite bullet for the 35 Bullberry and 356 Winchester will probably be the 180 Fury. My testing has shown this bullet to perform very closely to the now discontinued Hornady 180 SSP in both penetration and expansion testing.

Bob R

Last edited by Bob Roach; 03/23/2020 2:07 PM.

See You At The Range