We are all here to learn and share and conduct what some here like to call Science.
I'm a big proponent of doing the paperwork to figure out what you are thinking will actually work (figuring out expected MV, expected terminal velocities, bullet requirements for proper function) and then confirming the velocities. The next step which I haven't done much of (outside of hunting and google/YouTube reviews) but others here have done is bullet testing. Shooting water/gel/paper/animals/other at appropriate velocities (loading to lower velocity or shooting at expected distances) to confirm expected performance and then investigate performance at actual animals.

I've justified my lack of bullet testing by choosing expanding bullets that have terminal velocity requirements that are much lower then my expected hunting conditions. I've also found good testing results on various YouTube channels for the bullets at similar or lower velocities and then I've confirmed good bullet performance in hunting conditions.

Last edited by karl; 04/29/2020 4:42 PM.