I brought a recently purchased Remington XP-100 in 260 Rem with me to Tioga just to get the gun on paper and no intention of shooting anything with four legs. I had mounted a Burris 3-9X scope and packed some of Nosler`s ammunition for the 260 loaded with a 130gr AccuBond bullet. After getting a few of the 130`s to print about an inch or so high at 100 I packed it up.. Meanwhile a turkey hunter using one of those M-16 type rifles somehow put one of those .223 bullets into the belly of a small boar. The problem was that no one could locate the wounded animal. I mentioned to the guide that if the boar was spotted I would do what I could to put it down........ Here comes Monday morning while I packed my Jeep for the ride home when I was asked to unpack my shootin iron to finish the wounded boar. I grabbed my XP not knowing what the shooting distance would be and sure of my shot out to 100. We came upon the lone boar somewhere between 70 to 80 yards away. I rested my sandbag on the hood of the 4-wheeler and squeezed off a shot... Man.. did that pig drop. Since it was not my animal we just loaded him up after which I repacked the XP and drove home. There`s plenty of power in those XP`s without some of the kick that comes with a light weight iron sight six shooter. To each his own...

Life member-NRA-SCI
Member-HHI #2900-HHASA #067
Colt-Ruger-Freedom Arms-and S&W Collector Assoc.s
"I have more guns then I need but not as many as I want" "Handgun hunters HAVE to be good"