Originally Posted By: Franchise
Pigman hunted with these very bullets on tonight's show...y'all need to watch this episode

I recorded and then watched that episode today. The wound channels that their pigs demonstrated with the 44 Mag load were impressive.

I have no experience with mono metal bullets, and I know that the Barnes have demonstrated that mono metals can function like a heavier cup and core bullet, but I just can't get past the light weight and long bearing surface of solid copper. I was excited when I read that Hornady was releasing an ammo line specifically for us. We should be proud that anyone is catering to us. I won't lie, I was disappointed when I discovered Hornady had chosen to go solid copper. I am currently enamored with bonded hollow points in my .44, and hoped for an improved XTP. I think most can agree the XTP is accurate. I understand the drama and discord surrounding the XTP is inconsistent, over/under expansion, or even jacket seperation. I think bonding can address these shortcomings. I really believe bonded and jacketed hollow points of standard weight pushed fast is where it's at.

Perhaps a Hornady XTPB&J?