What a fun trip it was! Although I didn't tag a bear, it certainly wasn't an unsuccessful hunt, as I made new friends in new places. I enjoy bears and the places they call home, so I jumped on the opportunity to join fellow handgun hunters in Maine. I'm proud Kim thought to invite me.

This bear season in Maine was predicted by all reliable sources to be one not to be missed. A below average harvest last year and a lack of natural food this year was forecasted to lead to high success on bait sites, and it absolutely was, for every hunter in camp but one. The outfitter did everything he could or needed to do to put me on a bear. The stands were set up great for shots, the baits were being hit, but for six days the bears managed to avoid me.

There is more to hunting trips than just dead animals. We stayed in a dang nice cabin, shared some good meals, drinks, and stories around the campfire ,and some good natured ribbing. We also shot some serious hunting revolvers. Randominator was kind enough to let us all enjoy his Reeder custom revolvers. I got to shoot both his .45 and .510. It was my first experience with Reeder revolvers, and I was favorably impressed.

Here is my shiny Ruger with Randy's 510 GNR. It is a fine shooting and surprisingly pleasant powerhouse.

I say it, hopefully loud and clear, every time I write about hunts I attend with members of this forum. EVERYBODY needs to make an attempt to join other handgunners on a hunt, near or far. I have met so many good people doing so.