I have used Harvester Sabots with 45 Cal., 250 Grain Hornady XTP's in my CVA Optima V2 with I believe 90 grains of Blackhorn 209. The Blackhorn Powder is very clean making a reload easy in the field. I have extra powder charges in Blackhorn Powder Tubes made for that purpose. I would get all the Bug's Out of a Field Reload before the hunt. Back when I was seriously into Buckskinning we would do Woods Walks. This gave some serious practice doing field reloads from a Possibles Bag. As well as keeping the old Hawkins running for however many shots that the course required. Setting up a target in the woods or simulated, and making Field Position Shots, then following up with a Field Reload is not a bad plan at all. Much better than fumbling through this the first time on the hunt.

I have way to many Hunting Handguns, and not nearly enough freezer space, or kids home to eat the meat now days, so I have not hunted with my Optima so far. Power wise it is the same as a 454 Casual for all practical purposes.

Bob R

See You At The Range