When hunting big game, there always arises the possibility to take small game. Some are opposed to firing a shot in the field, while others like myself.....have no issues with taking a shot, depending upon circumstances!

Many of us that have the opportunity to hunt in the mountains, are aware of the pleasure of sitting down to a plate of Pine Grouse or freshly caught Brookies! Others may want to take a squirrel or rabbit while hunting big game.

I put together some shot shell cartridges for my .460 S&W. They duplicate a 2 1/2? 410 shot shell load, though truthfully, do not maintain a pattern quite as well as if fired from a shotgun! A close range they can be pretty effective. For some of you head-shooting a grouse may be a, walk in the park, for us mere mortals....a shot shell is beneficial!
;\)

It also adds another dimension of handgun versatility during the offseason, shooting snakes and vermin.

Below is a photo of the shot pattern, and my shot shell placed beside my conventional 300 grain ?plinker? and my 400 grain hunting bullet! memtb

Last edited by Memtb460; 09/19/2020 2:48 PM.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

~Molɔ̀ːn Lab? Sk?la~