I am well supplied with Single Shots, and barrels.
I have a couple 357 Maximums, they would work well for your situation, however with you not reloading the 357 Max is not a good choice. You really need to reload to own a 357 Maximum.

The choice between Contender G2 or Encore/Pro Hunter. Several considerations. With a G2 you can purchase a 22 LR barrel for Cheap Trigger Time. I cannot imagine not owning a 22 LR barrel for Practice/Trigger Time. The 300BO would work fine on a G2 frame, and be a good choice for deer in your state.

The Encore platform is Heavy. I must not consider this a big problem "stand hunting" as I have three frames, and four Encore barrels.
With the Encore you could really bring the 460 to life. You have Elk on the Plate. I am guessing you do not plan to hunt Elk in the Peoples Republic. Hunting out West you could get the Encore chambered in several different chambering's that are flat shooting and hard hitting. I would have MGM Thread and Time it for a Four Gill Muzzle Brake to make shooting a hard hitter fun.

After all of my ramblings I am suggesting you get a G2 with a 22 LR and 300 Blackout barrel for your home state. If you are going out West pick up an Encore in a hard hitting chambering.

As a long time Contender/Encore/Scout shooter I would suggest you get with Tony (Tony's Stocks and Forends) and have him make you a 10" or 11" Forend. With factory synthetic grip I would go with Ebony for the color. His forends are a huge improvement over factory. I have a hard time believing someone at TC or S&W has not figured out over the years that the Handgun really would work better with a Carbine Forend.

Good Luck Bob R

See You At The Range