Originally Posted By: 45MAN
CANNOT COMMENT ON THAT BULLET DESIGN RE BEING A "LONG RANGER" OR NOT, DO NOT KNOW. THAT IS A LOT OF BULLET FOR A .452 REVOLVER. THE TWIST ON THE XVR BARRELS WAS SET UP TO SHOOT 200gr BULLETS AT 2,300fps SO MAYBE THE BARREL TWIST IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THAT LONG HEAVY BULLET?

I suspect that the groups are more of an indicator of shooter than the handgun. The bullets are not key-holing, and appear to be stable. There are lots of reports that these handguns are quite accurate with a varity of bullet weights, though, not certain about the 400. Perhaps if it were scoped, I could better determine it?s capabilities.

I was hoping that my large groups were partially due to using the 3 MOA dot, which covers a lot of target. I really didn?t want to use a scope, heck....I didn?t really want any optics. But, my eyes don?t work like they did years ago! I guess that I may need to improve on my hunting skills and get closer to the game! memtb

Last edited by Memtb460; 10/03/2020 3:58 AM.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

~Molɔ̀ːn Lab? Sk?la~