Well, finally received the components to test the Blackhorn/Cheap Shot sabots and made it to the range to try it out. I did not get off to a good start as the first primer I used popped with no ignition. After waiting a suitable period of time, the second primer set it off although there was a delay and a flinch on my part.
\:\)
Probably my fault as I did not pop off a couple of primers before loading.

Switched to some Federal primers and things got much better. ( I was using Winchesters). No delayed ignition and the first two shots in the bull at 25 yards. A guy shooting at the other end of the bench suggested I try a wonder wad to seal things up a little better. Tried that and there was no delay in ignition although subsequent loads without it worked just as well.

I was using the cheap shots over 80 grains of BH. Recoil comparable to my .44 as the 12" Contender barrel is pretty heavy. Extremely accurate when I did my part. One of the clerks told me that I needed to make sure to the bullet was seated tight against the powder to prevent the hang fire. I try to do that anyway but maybe I didn't do as well as I thought. Will try it out at 50 yards before I leave and see how it does then. I'll post a target picture tomorrow as I didn't take one yesterday. I did keep the target.

Questions from here for those who know: Is there a recommended primer for Blackhorn powder and are the wonder wads necessary to ensure ignition?

I do appreciate all the responses to this post and I'm pretty pleased with the results based on the information I received. Thanks to all who responded.

John