Not certain if this should go into the Handgun Hunting section, or the Shooter?s Bench section.....it?s kinda both.

This evening I was bench testing my 460 XVR hunting revolver, and got a good stinger on the left cheek just below the eyeglasses. Not certain as to what happened, other than, I got hit by a small piece of lead...drawing blood!

Shooting powder coated cast, through the factory brake. A pretty thorough inspection didn?t show any lead or paint build-up in the brake. When rotating the cylinder many times, it seemed to index properly every time, and didn?t exhibit any excessive cylinder play.

The only thing that I can add of any importance to this incident is.....always wear your eye protection when shooting. In 51 years of revolver shooting, I?ve never had this happen before. There is always a first time occurrence for most things......don?t let it ?put your eye out?!

memtb

Last edited by Memtb460; 10/19/2020 11:52 PM.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

~Molɔ̀ːn Lab? Sk?la~