I just looked up the PC 629s. I knew they were pricey, but wow! The Ruger won?t give up any accuracy to the Smith, and the money you save can go to optics or ammo for practice.

I assume you are wanting a scope based on the models you specified. If so, the Blackhawk Hunter does not have the same grip frame as the Bisley you tried our. You can change the grip frame if you prefer the Bisley grip, or buy a scope mount to fit a Bisley model.

Also, you could look at a regular 629 or 69, add a scope base, and be much closer to the Ruger in price, have more for optics or ammo, and not give up anything to the PC models as far as hunting goes.

I too have smaller hands and prefer the feel of the Bisley grip and find the 69 balances a bit better than a 629 for me. If you?re looking at longer barrel lengths you would have to go 629.

I don?t think you would go wrong with either. I?d say others with far more experience than me will be along shortly to give you the finer nuances between the two that might make it easier to make a choice.