I have Encore Barrels currently in 223 Rem, 260 Rem, 7.62x54R, and 356 Win. I currently have three frames.

I also have a Contender, and Two G2 frames, and 22 LR, 6.5x30JDJ, 357 Maximum, and 35 Bullberry barrels.

If starting over I believe I would start with a Couple G2 frames, and a 22 LR barrel and a 30-30AI barrel. I would equip both with one of Tony's Forends. I would use Evolution Gun Works 6 screw bases as sold by Bellum, and Warne vertical split rings. For Glass I would go with the Burris 2-7 Scopes. I would have a Four Gill Muzzle Brake installed on the 30-30AI barrel. I would also go with MGM barrels for both.

My reasoning: I would have to own a 22 LR Trigger Time/Practice barrel. I cannot imagine not owning a 22 barrel. While I do not currently own a 30-30AI barrel, my brother does. I have been very impressed with it's performance. I have worked up loads with his barrel, and seen it's performance on deer. The locations where I hunt are pretty well limited to around 125 yards or so. More power than a 30-30AI is not really required.

Bob R

See You At The Range