Off the shelf S&W M629 Classic with your choice of 6 1/2 or 8 3/8 inch barrel. Easily scoped with a Weigand mount as they are already drilled and tapped from the factory. A $15 Wolff spring kit to lighten the trigger and you are good to go. I have both barrel lengths and prefer the longer for stand usage and the shorter for slipping through the woods. I have owned two Performance Center 629's, a "Magnum Hunter", and a "Stealth". Both were excellent firearms and looked awesome, but the more I used them the less I liked them over the standard Classic model. Both of the PC's were heavy due to the slab sided barrels. The 44 magnum cartridge really didn't need this extra weight to soak up recoil, at least not in a hunting situation. They both had 2 port Mag-na-port vents that caused sooting on the objective lens of the scope. Not that you couldn't see after one shot, but it would build up after shooting several shots. I eventually sold/traded off both of the PC's and haven't looked back. I have a FA M83 in 44 mag and a Ruger Bisley in 44 mag as well, but the Smith's get tossed in the truck 8 out of 10 times when I'm heading out to the ranch. I typically look for the 629-3 and 629-4 models as they have the endurance package but not the EDM'd rifling. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that. I have one of each model and both will easily hold 2 inch groups at 50 yards from sand bags, with their favorite loads. Just my opinion.