I have a ranch in the Texas panhandle that I?m interested in setting up for handgun and bowhunting exclusively. The reason for this is twofold. I prefer the challenge myself, and secondly, I find the people who bowhunt and handgun hunt appreciate the experience and respect the animals and land much more than the guy who picks his rifle up the day before the season and assumes it?s still GTG from sighting it in 3 years ago! I have good WT, muledeer, hogs, and trying to establish rams. This it TOTALLY free range hunting. My questions to begin with are:
1. What type set ups as far as blinds or stands do you handgun hunters prefer?
2. What ranges are you comfortable shooting?
3. What do you expect to pay for the different species?
4. What do you expect to be included in your hunt?
5. What am I missing?
I am a farmer/rancher foremost but the hunting does subsidize my Income. I have several sanctuaries that I stay out of and REALLY try to limit the pressure on the animals. I also have the only cultivation in many area so you can generally expect a very game rich environment. I have been judging the experience of the hunters to this point and have been letting those who seem knowledgeable and trustworthy to hunt when and where they choose for the most part with my input as to game movement. There will only be 2 WT and 2 muledeer hunts per season and a very limited number of pig or ram hunts. People having a successful hunt is my utmost concern and limiting hunters is the best way to do that. The current acreage is 1500 but I have a contract on 320 more acres and will be closed on it by the first of the year. Thanks in advance for any responses.

Last edited by Willicd76; 10/30/2020 2:56 PM.