Sunday Evening.
The wind has let up a little. I decided to hunt the wife's tower stand. I heard something in the woods North of the stand around 4:30, but I never spotted what made the noise. At around 4:40 I spot a Six Point with a doe. They cross the fence into the pasture on the up hill side of the pond. They were out approximately 100 yards. I Counted Coup on both of them multiple times as they went South across the pasture. I called the wife, and she was already watching them. She told me a fork horn had went across the pasture before them. I missed seeing that one.
About the time these two got out of sight I have a parade of does coming into the pasture up the same trail the buck and doe traveled. I counted nine of them before it got too dark to see.

I just replaced my North fence. We cleared about 50 feet on the neighbors side of the fence. I noticed that several of the deer were not real comfortable jumping the fence, and were also having trouble finding a place to crawl under. I will fix that tomorrow. I will take the bottom wire out between two fence posts where the old road went into the field. I did not put a gate back in so far. They had a good place to go through the wire beside the gate before I put the new fence up.

I decided that I had better drive to my brothers stand location to scare the deer off the food plot so he could get down. I was correct. He had seen a four point, and a six point with a doe, I am sure that was the same three deer that had went across the pasture that I had seen earlier. He also had does show up from all directions into the food plot.

Not a shot fired between us, but we did get to see a lot of deer well within handgun range.

Bob R

Last edited by Bob Roach; 11/16/2020 3:41 AM.

See You At The Range