Tuesday
I beautiful clear morning. I decided to check out the new Tower Stand and see if the morning Sun was a problem. The normal route in to the stand is off the gravel county road. I have the top two strands of barb wire set up with a spring loaded attachment point so that they can be opened up for access. The third strand down is barbless barb wire with a 1/2" PEX pipe over it mainly to locate the crossing in low light.
Well I did not go in that way. I walked down to the valley floor like I was going to the Double Wide Ladder Stand on the South West side of the property then took the trail East up the valley to the food plot the tower stand is in. I had to abort. I spotted deer in the food plot while I was still over 100 yards out from it. I back tracked to the Double Wide Ladder Stand. It was a nice cool quiet morning with very little wind for a change. Things were pretty quiet until 8:18 when I heard what I thought was probably a squirrel coming up behind me in the woods. I was mistaken it was a young doe. She came by the stand about 35 feet out to my left. She was eating acorns while crossing this small field. I had cleaned off an old burned down dozer pile and seeded it with Rape and Alfalfa a couple months back. She went over and checked it on the way through. It is pretty well eaten down to nothing.
Around 9:00 I heard lots of noise in the leaves behind me. This time I am sure the big buck is coming along after the doe. I was wrong again, this time it was a squirrel seeing how much noise it could make.

My wife went to her Tower Stand in the morning. She had a doe feeding by in the woods going West, and three does passed her stand together. No bucks to be seen.

Afternoon:
I did not hunt in the afternoon. I changed the Oil on my Wrangler and the wife's 2500 RAM truck she pulls her horse trailer with. I also made an appointment to get the older RAM 2500 farm truck in the shop to have the water pump changed out. Having the water pump out on the farm truck and having the Polarus Ranger in the shop waiting on parts is not handy during deer season.

I work the next three days at the hardware store. More to come next Saturday when I will have time to get in the woods again.

Bob R

See You At The Range