First buck of 2020 was also my first with a single shot pistol. Been watching a few nice bucks on my trail camera and yesterday I had an opportunity at one. Not the biggest I've seen this year but a nice nine point. He was about 60yds and quartering toward me. At the shot, he ran off like he hadn't even been hit. The blood trail showed bits of lung tissue so I knew he was going down. I trailed him across my property, where I saw him run across the neighboring tract and into the next. This morning I went looking for him again and finally found him in the creek bed. My shot was a bit low and missed the heart, so that's why he ran about 300yds from where I hit him. Glad I found him but putting the bullet a few inches higher would've ended with a cleaner result. It does look like the bullet performed well, showing signs of expansion where it exited.

The pistol I used is a T/C Contender in 7mmTCU. I've been threatening to go down this rabbit hole since I was a kid but never pulled the trigger until this year. I found a nice one with a Leupold 2x mounted on an octagon .22LR barrel. Added a 7mmTCU barrel and mounted a Burris 4x. So far I haven't been able to find a real accurate load but decided it was accurate enough with H322 and a Nosler 120gr ballistic tip. Here it is in its original form.