I would recommend a 30-30AI first and the 7-30 second. The 6.5 JDJ uses 225 Winchester brass which can be a little hard to locate. I went with the 6.5x30JDJ back in the 1990's knowing 30-30 brass would always be easier to find than 225. No regrets on my choice at the time, and I have been totally happy with the 6.5x30JDJ.

Nice deer by the way.

Barrels are not the only expense. I picked up a blued Encore action a while back for my SS MGM 223 barrel (all I could locate at the time). I am trading the blued action back in tomorrow on a SS Pro Hunter, and buying a second SS Pro Hunter action for my 260 Rem barrel. I just sent Tony an e-mail to start building me another 11" Forend for the Encore barrel with no forend.

Now all I will really need is one more Blued G2 Frame, and another Tony's Forend to go with it. I will then have all complete handguns so no barrel swapping will be required.
It has took me 30 years to get to this point, so you have some time to make choices. Contenders, G2's and Encores are hard to beat. I even have a CVA single shot pistol or two.

I just thought I would be done. I will need Amber to make a couple more cases. It never ends
\:\)

Bob R

See You At The Range