The majority of my hunting experience, whether handgun or rifle, has been from some sort of elevated position. We have tower/stand mounted box blinds and several tripods with shooting rails that we attach a "skirt" to in order to conceal the bulk of our body. Even when going from the box to a tripod, you have to be so much more aware/cautious of your movement. I find it much more challenging and rewarding when I sit in a tripod and have animals come within feet of the base, while I'm only 12 to 15 feet above them. Back in the spring we had a very powerful storm pass through and damage one of our elevated box blinds. The tower was undamaged, but the plywood constructed house was pretty dilapidated and beyond repair. I decided to purchase a premade ground box blind from Texas Hunter Products locally and mount it to our existing tower. I ran out of time for the project and decided to use it on the ground in the same location as the old one. The first thing I and my son noticed was that we were now eye level with our quarry, and that if they detected movement it was a "white flag", "snort level" event. By design the blind has one clear and one solid sliding panel for each window opening allowing you to move them in such a way as to keep you from being silhouetted. It is definitely more challenging on the ground than up in the air regardless of your weapon choice.