This past year has been a write off for me and hunting... I passed on a Texas bobcat/javalina hunt in March cause of the virus... I passed on Kral`s Maine black bear hunt that I had a feeling would be successful, and it was, but thank God and cfish for a North Carolina doe.. So last month I took a ride to my friends ranch in Tioga, Pennsylvania to see if I could correctly place a bullet.... Tuesday had me riding in a 4-wheeler over a large area and seeing plently of animals including boar, fallow, sika, huge non-typical whitetail, red stag, bison and elk but nothing seemed to get my blood moving so we called it a day... Next morning had the guide and I walking to another section of the ranch cause the all terrain was being worked on. This area is much more uneven with large hilltops and flats throughout.... As I made my way through a tall grass section.... what jumps up from his bed but a pretty big buck. One look at his rack was all that was needed to pull my Freedom 41 from its chest holster. It was automatic.. He ran a bit and stopped seemingly undecided whether to climb the hill or not so I backed up against a large tree to break up my outline when this big deer slowly makes his way in my direction. Up came the scoped 41 into a stiff isosceles position when the deer noticed my movement and stopped about 40 yards in a straight face on position.. With the hammer cocked I tried to slow the tiny circles the crosshair was making and slowly SQUEEZED the trigger.. John Taffin`s handload of a case full of AA#9 sent the 210gr XTP out the muzzle at 1700+FPS to hit the buck hard... Real hard.. His front legs lifted slightly while his momentum sent him crashing to the ground... After a second or two he struggled to gain his footing so I drew my iron sight FA`s 44 and sent a 250gr Partition through both lungs... It took a moment to take in the size of his rack to realize this was truly a once in a lifetime whitetail.... Yes... I paid for this but no more then what I would have paid for a Texas ranch whitetail minus the airfare...PS- I give HIGH marks to the 210 XTP bullet that penetrated a little over three feet of deer yet retained much of its weight and expanded perfectly.... *** Added a pic of what a 250gr Partition does on a broadside double lung shot..

Life member-NRA-SCI
Member-HHI #2900-HHASA #067
Colt-Ruger-Freedom Arms-and S&W Collector Assoc.s
"I have more guns then I need but not as many as I want" "Handgun hunters HAVE to be good"