haven't hunted with it yet but I specifically bought a Traditions Trapper pistol kit to build a hunting pistol. I wanted the spur on the grip to stop roll under heavy recoil. I relieved the barrel channel and glass bedded the barrel to help handle the heavy recoil. Since it's basically a Hawken action instead of running the normal recommended load of 40gr FFFG I'm running 90gr of KIX FFFG. With 385gr Great Plains bullets. I was getting just over 1300fps. I picked up a Lee mold for a 340gr improved Minie ball. I haven't tested it yet though. This is one of those projects that has sat on the shelf for several years after finishing the gun itself. Accuracy with Great Plains bullets was excellent and the energy numbers are very similar to that of a 475 Linebaugh. Should be a thumper when it's all said and done. I just did some playing around with changing the front sight to a large brass bead and filed a v notch in the rear for better target aquisition. I thought about putting a Hi Viz sight on the front but that would take away from it's appearance.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist