Something that has me puzzled is how did he use a 7 1/2" revolver, I thought the minimum barrel length was now 8". Anyway, me & some others are headed to Africa soon & I'll be taking my bisley 45 that I just had re barreled with an 8 1/2" because we were told that was the law in South Africa, plus all six guns have to be scoped. That was the law when I was there last time, the only difference was you could take 3 guns & now you can only take two.
Anyway I'll be using strictly cast bullets, same thing I've used for the last 50+ years & over 100 head of game, I hope they still work. In the bisley 45 I'll use a 306 gr LBT solid of my own alloy as my primary bullet & also a 282 gr HP in certain cases depending on the animal.
I won't be shooting Buffalo or any other dangerous game so I don't expect to recover any bullets, I seldom ever do. My other gun will be a Ruger 10.5" 357 Maximum using 182 gr LBT solids, again made from my own alloy & running about 1600 fps.
I don't know the velocities on the 45, I don't have the gun back yet, I'll pick it up in a few days when I get to the NRA Center in Raton, NM. I know from past experience on moose & several elk that these bullets always exit & I've never had to shoot one twice.
Using the solids I've shot them through live 7" Quaken Aspens with an exit & also shot them through 9 water jugs so they should work just fine on Kudu, Nyala, Zebra, Sable, etc.
That was quite an accomplishment by Gary Reeder, to borrow a gun & knock off a possible world record Cape Buffalo, hope he gets his guns back!

Dick