The Glock G24 was a factory match gun that was also adopted by several international police and military forces. In factory stock classes they dominated several competitions for years. Only one aftermarket manufacturer that I could find ever produced the slides and they were built for unlimited class match guns. If you can get your hands on one they are the perfect platform for a hunting pistol. They will work with 22, 17, 34, 35 and 31 frames. They were factory chambered in .40 S&W. At one time you had to put your name on a waiting list till they made their annual production.
This particular gun is scary. With my bad eyes I can hit drink cans at 100 yards. I special ordered the barrel with a min spec chamber so I could finish the ramp an chamber. I have it cut so that it will only feed from a single stack magazine. The cartridge does seem to be very inherently accurate if you believe in inherent accuracy. SO far no deer has taken a step after getting hit with one of the bonded 125 grains.

"A quiet hit in the right place is better than a loud miss in the wrong place followed by 10 more shots on the run"

I was a handgun hunter, when handgun wasn't cool.....