Well here in the north country, Northern Iowa we have 2-3 inches of snow on the ground and -1 degrees overnight. Sitting on the south side of a hogsback ridge in a treestand i had action about a half hour after legal shooting light. does were coming out of their bedding area and migrating towards me. three does were about 35 yards away coming into my stand site from the east . 5 does went across the top of the ridge from west to east and the close does decided they needed company and migrated up the hill to join them. about 20 minutes later 10-12 does came back from the east and got hinky about 60 yards from my stand. the wind was light and i surmised that the wind was starting to swirl and lift up the hillside as the temps were starting to raise. about 8:35 a buck was coming from the west about 3/4 the way up ridge- that trail is 55 yards. when the buck got into a small clearing i gave out a bleet sound and stopped him. I was shooting my contender in 375 Winchester with 200 gran Seirra fp bullets. the bullet struck exactly where aimed and took the buck in the shoulders. He ran at the shot and started leaving a blood trail after three bounds. I heard him crash about 75 yards from where he was hit.. it was an easy recovery and discovered that this was the same buck that eluded me during bow season. He crashed into a tree when he was thrashing around and broke the front 5 inches of his main beam off. I found it laying in the snow 10 feet from the dead buck.
Great buck on a frigid day.
dont know how to post pics.

still Dave Thomas, just an alias so the gov't dont find me
;\)