Been a LOOOOOOONG time since I've been on here. Good to see the old familiar names, as well as some new ones. Glad the board is still alive and doing well. Life has been going 1000 miles an hour for me. Bought the local gun store last September, and barely have time to breath. I now have three business, but about to whittle that down to 2 by getting rid of the electrical business. Been doing that for 22 years, and my body is done. The sporting good store is starting to run itself now, and things are leveling out. May even get rid of the third online falconry business so I can focus on the store. It has grown quicker than I expected, which is great! Hopefully it continues, but we are just now getting into what is supposed to be our "slow season". We haven't really slowed down though!! But getting rid of the electrical business buys me more time that I can be doing the things I want to do. Handgun hunting is one of those things.

I miss Fezzik, my last 45 Colt I had built, then sold. So I bought another Ruger Super Blackhawk to do my third build on, and am going to try to roll my own for this one. Well, kind of... I absolutely loved the results I got with the 335gr LFNGC that I used from Cast Performance with Fezzik, so I'm going to run those through this revolver as well. However, I want to send that bullet off and have a custom mold made for it so I can dive into casting my own bullets. Can't be THAT hard, can it???

For those who have been there and done that, who do you recommend for having custom molds made? I'm not interested in any other bullet, so please don't suggest any. I have about 600 of these from Cast Performance already, so want to use those up, then be able to jump right in to the ones I make. I don't like changing things once I find something I like, so really do want to stay with this one.

Also, a question about gas checks. That 335gr LFNGC I referred to up top obviously uses a gas check. But what if I fire one of those through my revolver, and don't have a gas check on it? Does it create leading issues? I have two loads that I ran with Fezzik - one was a light load that ran 850fps, and the other was a hot load that was 1175fps. If I take the gas check off the bullet at those velocities, what happens?

A lot of people are like a slinky: Not much fun till you push them down the stairs!

Lifetime Member of the NRA! Wish I'd a done it sooner.