My wife hasn't killed me yet so I figured it is time to start another project. A huge departure from the last few. A Encore handgun in .450 Marlin.
I have been looking for a frame and used frames are going for 500.00+. I found a brand new 209x50 SS Encore complete gun for less than the frames are running.
The original plan was to do a .416 Taylor but the barrel is hard to come by at the moment. I am going with a SSK 15" with their scope mount. Some of you may ask why the .450 instead of a 45-70. I was involved in early development of .450 Pressure data with several bullets not including the original Hornady bullets. With most bullets the .450 held a distinct advantage vs. the hot rodded 45/70. I have in my possession some special bullets that are for use in single shots because of overall length. They open up a lot of powder capacity. Using these bullet and the correct powders the .450 will be capable of over 3000 ftlbs. from a 15" barrel. I also happen to have a Dillon set up to run them and tons of brass since I have more than one to feed. To be continued..........
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"A quiet hit in the right place is better than a loud miss in the wrong place followed by 10 more shots on the run"

I was a handgun hunter, when handgun wasn't cool.....