August 2021...

Second DCUA Walkin Ram for me. 38.5" 11 yo. 71 yds with the Freedom Arms 454 Casull. 240gr XTP Mag hand load 1900fps. I thank the Lord and my partner Roy. Over the years I'd been hoping to get a Ram in this class and also get a shot at one with my pistol. Both happened on this trip. Also we got him 1 day before my 61st Birthday so he's a Birthday Ram as well. I'd never hunted sheep this late in August, first BDay in the Sheep Mtns. This is number 4 for me out of 10 I've packed and ate. Other 3 I did euro mounts and sold the capes, this one gets mounted. For me this is the pinnacle, the Apogee of my Sheep Hunting. I am done chasing rams for myself. This is for me "The Last Ram". If one of my buddies draws and needs a partner and if my body holds out I'll enter the Sheep Mountains again. But for me, it's been an awesome ride and I'm more than satisfied. Hmm, I got my first and last rams on DCUA Walkin Hunts. There's much more to the story.

FYI - DCUA is the Delta Controlled Use Area Draw only in the Alaska Ranger here in AK. This is a non-motorized, no pack animals hunt. I killed him 15 miles off the road. Our tent was 12 miles back in. It's all DIY walkin pack it out.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]