I now have the PT&G Remington Custom Shop Action in hand.

ACTION QUALITY
First off, the action looks great. It comes with a Picatinny Rail Scope Base. On the rear of the action, on the Left Side it has a very nice Push Button Bolt Release. Moving to the front of the action, it has a hole to pin the Barrel Lug. Nice Touch. The Bolt Handle has a Flat Black Finish, with a round knurled Bolt Knob that looks to unscrew, and be changeable. The Bolt Knob is more of a gloss Black, and looks good. Inside the action we have a bolt on Cartridge Chute that looks to be very well made.

STOCK FIT
My Jim Rockwell Stock was made for a Remington 700 Short Action, which is the foot print for the 40X Rimfire Action. The PT&G 40X Action to Stock Fit is very good. The Bolt Handle cut out is perfect. The ejector port Cut Out on the stock is sized for a Centerfire Action. It extends back approximately 5/8" past the back of the shorter Rimfire Ejector Port. If one were to swap stocks around later on, this might be a good thing. The action looks very good in the stock. smile

BARREL MARKINGS
Pacific Tool and Gauge does not mark the 40X Action exactly like the original. I guess I can see why with all of the possible chamberings that could be done on this action today. The original Remington 40X is marked 22 Long Rifle over the Serial Number on the Left Front of the Action. The Pacific Tool & Gauge 40X Action is marked with the Serial Number on top. PTG-25XXX Under that is Pacific Tool & Gauge with White City OR being the third line down. The markings are very well executed, and look good. NOW TO THE IMPORTANT STAMPINGS Across from the ejector port on the Left Side we have Remington with the Circle R trade mark with MODEL XP-100 under it. It looks as good as it can get.

POSSIBLE CHANGE IN DIRECTION
I had a BIG Surprise when I opened the box. The action was not Blued, it was Stainless Steel. I had not anticipated this at all. I will need to talk with my Gunsmith tomorrow and see if we are going to Cerakote the Action, or get a new SS Barrel, and leave it stainless. I am leaning towards the new 15" Tapered Barrel Option.

So far I am a Happy Camper. More to come.

Bob R

See You At The Range