you know I havn't bothered with my ccw, I always just keep my gun in my truck or on my hip when I'm in Eastern Oregon and I carry a 6.5" old model black hawk. I had a guy I know that went through some test course trying to become a cop set up a simialar course for us. He used a XD in 40 s&w and I had my black hawk. He unloaded lead a little faster than me but the human sillouhete he made out of plywood had scattered center mass shots from him and I had a 3" group in it's head shooting as fast as I could. I guess what I'm saying is from my experience and from the reading I've done a single action revolver is not at a disadvantage in a real world self defense situation as long as the user is competent, so I would let her see what she likes better. A ruger single action or the smith or ruger double action. The nice thing about a 357 blackhawk is that they are readily available and you can find them in nice condition used for about 300.00 if you look around.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist